Racing on all fours – level 2
A special race was held in a Japanese city. The runners got down on all fours – they used their legs as well as their arms to race 100 metres on the track.
An 18-year-old man beat the 30-year-old who held the record. Also, the 30-year-old actually invented the race on all fours.
The winner’s time was 15.86 seconds. His hero is Usain Bolt and his favourite animal is the monkey, of course.
Difficult words: race (a situation when people try to run as fast as they can to win), track (a way for runners).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What is your opinion on the sport?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos