Rare black flamingo – level 1
This news is about a bird. This bird is a flamingo. Flamingos are usually red or pink. This flamingo, however, is black. It has a special condition. This condition is called “melanism”.
People see the black flamingo in Cyprus. Cyprus is an island. It is in the Mediterranean.
People saw a black flamingo in Israel. This was back in 2014. If it is possible, then it is the same bird.
Difficult words: condition (situation of the body), saw (past of “see”), was (past of “is”).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Do you have a favourite bird?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.