Rat in the Parliament – level 2
Speaker Marta Bosquet was giving a speech in the Spanish Parliament when suddenly, she saw a rat on the floor.
The incident happened on Wednesday, and it caused chaos in the room. Several politicians tried to find the rat while the others tried to keep their feet off the floor. A few people left the room. Other people watched the broadcast, but nobody saw the rat, so it was not clear how big it really was.
After a few minutes, all the politicians returned to their seats, and they continued to work.
Difficult words: speech (when someone speaks in front of other people), chaos (a situation when people are confused and they do not know what they are doing), broadcast (a live program on TV or radio).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.