Real Lightsabre Fights – level 2
Until now, you could only see lightsabre duels in the Star Wars films, but thanks to the French Fencing Federation, the activity became an official sport in the country.
The fighters use fake lightsabres which cannot hurt anyone. The cheap ones only glow, but the more expensive versions have sound and light effects.
The rules of lightsabre fencing are easy – a hit to the head is five points, a hit to the arms and legs is three, and a hit to the hands is one point. The winner is the person who reaches fifteen points first.
Difficult words: lightsabre (a type of sabre/a sword in the sci-fi films Star Wars), fencing (a type of sport when people fight with swords), glow (give out light).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos