Refugees Leave Calais – level 3
The mass exodus of refugees and migrants from the so-called jungle camp in Calais is underway. The first buses have left for shelters around the country ahead of demolition of the notorious site.
More than 1,500 people have left so far. Most of them willingly resigned to the jungle’s closure, but those who refused risked being arrested and deported. The clean-up of the camp has already begun, but the bulldozers are going to be called in only once all 7,000 people have left.
Each refugee was given a wristband which said where he or she was going to be relocated, and a map to show him or her, the new home in France.
One group of Ethiopians only agreed to leave on the insurance that they would end up together in the same city. There are many unaccompanied teenagers among the people, as well.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.