Religion and alien life – level 2
Many religions see life on Earth as something special. So what happens if people discover life on other planets?
Some religions believe in life on other planets, for example Mormonism and Islam. In the 12th century, an Islamic theologian wrote that God could create thousands of worlds.
Christians believed that Earth and people were the center of the universe. Today, they say that the Bible does not say anything about life on other planets, but it does not say it is impossible, either.
It seems that if people discover life on other planets, many people will believe that God created that life, too.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.