Remote work and drugs – level 1
A study from May 2022 finds that the number of working-age Americans have problems with drugs and alcohol. Working-age Americans are people between 25 and 54 years old.
The number of people with these problems increases by 23% since before the pandemic. This means there are now 27 million people who have problems with drugs and alcohol. It is almost one in every six people. The pandemic ends, but authors of the report say that this is still happening today. According to one survey, 20% of American workers say that they use drugs for fun. They do it while they are working from home and even during online meetings.
One in every five people believes that their drugs or alcohol have a negative impact on their job.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What strategies might be effective in addressing the rising number of working-age Americans facing drug and alcohol issues?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.