Remote work and drugs – level 2
According to a study from May 2022 by the Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta, the number of Americans between 25 and 54 years old who have problems with drugs or alcohol increased by 23% since before the pandemic.
This means that there are now 27 million people in this age group with substance use disorders. This affects about one in every six people who were working at the time of the study. Karen Kopecky, one of the authors of the report, says that this trend is still happening today. A November 2021 survey found that around 20% of American workers admitted to using drugs for fun while working from home and even during online meetings.
Another study found that one in every five people believes that their drug or alcohol use has a negative impact on their job.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What strategies can be implemented to help people in this age group manage their substance use disorders?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.