Replica of the Titanic – level 2
A Chinese investment group is building a life-size replica of the Titanic. The original ship sank on its maiden voyage in 1912 and killed 1,500 people.
The replica will not just be a museum. It will offer visitors a simulation of the ship’s collision with an iceberg and its sinking.
The replica is going to cost more than 1 billion yuan (around $146 million) and it will not be finished until the end of 2017.
Difficult words: maiden voyage (the first journey), collision (when you hit something), iceberg (a large mass of ice in the sea).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.