Report Blames Boeing – level 2
A report said that design flaws in a Boeing 737 Max plane made an Ethiopian Airlines plane crash last year.
The crash killed everyone on board, and it happened several months after a Boeing 737 Max plane with an Indonesian airline also crashed. That crash also killed everyone on board. Both planes were new.
The report said that the Ethiopian plane had no technical problems. However, the report found that some of the plane’s alerts and an automated safety feature did not work. The safety feature was supposed to keep the plane flying and not stopping while in the air. The Indonesian plane also had the safety feature.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.