Rescued dogs from a lab – level 1
Some people use animals for experiments. People test drugs or makeup on animals. A lab in Virginia, US, treats their animals very badly.
Workers at the lab kill sick animals. They don’t give them medicine. Some animals don’t get enough food. They eat maggots. A maggot is a small insect. It eats old meat or plants. 25 dogs die from cold.
Inspectors close the lab. Animal rescue groups save 4,000 dogs.
Some dogs don’t know how to play. They never see grass before. They will get a new home soon. Many people want to care for the dogs.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.