Rescued dogs from a lab – level 2
Last week, a large dog rescue missions happened in Virginia, US, when animal rescue teams saved around 4,000 beagles.
The dogs were in a lab to test drugs and do other experiments. Government inspectors closed the lab because the workers treated the animals very badly. The dogs didn’t get enough food and they ate maggots and feces, 25 puppies died because of cold, workers didn’t give medicine to sick animals, and killed some of them.
Now, it’s necessary to find a new home for the dogs, but there are many people, who want to adopt them. Some animals never felt grass before, and puppies don’t know how to play.
Difficult words: inspector (a person who checks that people follow official rules and laws), maggot (a small insect that eats old meat or plants), feces (the stuff that leaves the body after you eat).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos