Restaurant in water – level 3
Riverside restaurant owner Titiporn Jutimanon was convinced that a bout of flooding in Thailand could be the end of his business already struggling from the pandemic.
However, with the rising tide of the Chao Phraya River this week came an unexpected opportunity.
The Chao Phraya Antique Café sits on the banks of the Chao Phraya River north of Bangkok, and instead of closing for the floods, Jutimanon´s eatery is making waves in Thailand by staying open. Customers are excited for shin-deep dining. Not only do the customers love the atmosphere and the barbecue pork, but they also love the view of the sunset above the river.
The flood became an additional unique fact, and customers like the fun of not knowing if they´ll get washed away while eating. The move might just keep the business going, with videos going viral on social media showing wet customers avoiding the waves of passing boats.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.