Rhino Embryos – level 1
There are five types of rhinos on the planet. All of the types are in danger. There are only a few of the rhinos. They can die out. The type that is in most danger is the northern white rhino.
Scientists try to save this type of rhino. They freeze their sperm. In 2018, the last male rhino dies. His name is Sudan. Now, there are only two rhinos. They are both female. Scientists take some of their eggs. They use the sperm to make two embryos.
These embryos can save the northern white rhino. They are little babies which scientists can put into a female rhino. If everything goes well, a real baby rhino can be born from the embryo.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.