Rhino Embryos – level 3
There are five rhino species on the planet, and all of them are considered threatened. One of the largest threats is poaching – poachers hunt rhinos because there is a market for their horns in Asia.
The most endangered rhino species is the northern white rhino. Sudan was the last male northern white rhino, and he died in 2018. Since then, there are only two of these rhinos left, and they are both female. However, there is still hope for the rhino.
Last Wednesday, people reported that an international group of scientists successfully collected mature eggs from the two female rhinos, fertilized them using sperm from two males (who are now dead), and they created two northern white rhino embryos. These embryos could save the species from extinction.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.