RIP Leonard Cohen – level 3
Legendary singer, songwriter and poet, Leonard Cohen, died at the age of 82. Dubbed as one of music’s most revered and prolific visionaries, his most famous song “Hallelujah” has been covered by the likes of Jeff Buckley and Bono.
Following the announcement of the Canadian’s death via Facebook, thousands of tributes flooded in with someone calling him the greatest wordsmith of all time.
In spite of his success and vast catalogue of music, Leonard Cohen rarely made it into the charts. Just last month, he released his 14th studio album “You Want It Darker”.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.