Road Explosion in Tanzania – level 2
On Saturday the 10th, an oil tanker in Tanzania lost control and overturned on a busy road. Around 150 people came to the tanker, as some of them were trying to siphon away some fuel.
After around 20 minutes after the crash, the tanker caught fire and exploded. At least 61 people died and 70 more were injured. The accident happened in the town of Morogoro in the eastern part of the country.
Difficult words: siphon (use a siphon [a tube] to draw off some liquid such as fuel), fuel (oil, gas, gasoline).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos