Robbery in Museum – level 1
There is a robbery in a museum in the Netherlands. Thieves come at night. They have a big hammer. They break the glass front door. The burglar alarm starts to ring. However, the thieves are very quick.
They steal only one painting. They run away. The police come too late. They do not catch the thieves.
The thieves steal a painting than can cost £5 million. Vincent Van Gogh paints it in 1884. The thieves steal this painting on March 30. It is a special date. Vincent Van Gogh is born on March 30, 167 years ago.
The police do not know who the thieves are. They also do not know where the painting is.
Difficult words: robbery (when someone steals something), thief (a person who steals something), burglar alarm (a special system that makes loud noise when someone comes to a building, and he wants to steal something).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.