Robbery in Museum – level 2
Thieves stole a painting by Vincent Van Gogh from a Dutch museum. Van Gogh made the painting in 1884, and experts say that its value can be £5 million.
The museum was closed because of the coronavirus, and the thieves broke in the night of March 30. They used a big hammer to break the glass front door. The burglar alarm started to ring; however, the thieves run away before police officers came.
The police haven´t caught the thieves, and they are still looking for the painting. The thieves did not steal any other painting. The robbery happened on the same day when Vincent Van Gogh was born 167 years ago.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.