Robbery in Paris – level 2
A gang of thieves crashed its 4×4 into the front door of a Chanel boutique in central Paris.
The three thieves took purses worth thousands a pounds, set the car on fire and drove away on scooters. Police now have the car and they are going to analyse it.
This is not the first robbery of this kind in Paris. A similar break-in also took place in a Chanel boutique in London last January.
Difficult words: thief (a person who steals things), boutique (a small shop selling fashionable), robbery (robbing a place – stealing things).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos