Robbery in Santiago – level 1
This news is from Santiago. Santiago is the capital of Chile. Three men go into a watch shop. They are 16, 17, and 20. They rob the shop.
They leave the shop. They want to take a car. There is a woman in a car. She does not want to give it to them. She even kicks the men. One of the men hits her. Another man shows her a gun. She lets them have the car.
The thieves drive away. The police go after them. The police stop the car. They arrest the thieves. The police shoot one of them.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.