Robbery in Santiago – level 2
Three individuals aged 16, 17, and 20 entered a watch shop in Santiago, Chile. They threatened the staff and robbed the shop.
Then they attacked a woman and stole her car. She spoke to the media about the incident. At first, she did not want to give them the car. She even kicked them. One man hit her in the leg and another showed her a gun. When he showed her the gun, that was it.
Police followed the car and managed to stop it. They surrounded it and arrested the men. The police shot one of them.
Difficult words: threaten (if you threaten somebody, you make him or her do something by force), staff (the people who work somewhere), rob (to steal things from a place).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What was the motive of the men in the watch shop, the woman being robbed, and the one man being shot?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos