Robot Carries Olympic Torch – level 2
South Korea began its 2018 winter torch relay with a robotics professor taking the trip with the torch driven in a car by a robot. The first torchbearer was the professor and the robot was the second. Around 7,500 torchbearers will carry the Olympic torch around the country.
In February, the torch will come to the site of the Olympics in South Korea, where a person will use it to light the cauldron during the first events at the Olympics.
Difficult words: torch relay (when people pass a torch to one another), torchbearer (a person or a thing that carries a torch to celebrate something), cauldron (a large pot for holding something such as a fire).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos