Robot fixes railway wires – level 2
Japanese engineers are using a giant robot to repair railway wires.
JR West and two other companies developed the robot to make workers’ lives safer and easier. The robot can do things which are too dangerous for people. It lowers the risk of electrocution and falls, and it also saves people’s work.
The robot is on a crane, and a worker controls it virtually. The robot can lift an object of up to 40 kilograms as high as ten meters.
Workers use the robot in difficult areas to reach. By 2024, JR West expects that these robots will help in many places in addition to Japan.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.