Robot goes to school – level 1
Joshua is 7 years old. He lives in Berlin, Germany. He is very sick. He cannot go to school. Joshua has serious problems with his lungs. He has a tube in his neck. He must stay at home.
A special robot sits in his place at school. The robot has a light on its head. The light turns on and off when Joshua needs something. The boy’s teacher and friends can talk to him. It is very important for Joshua. He can still be a part of the class.
There are other similar robots. They are great for when a child cannot go to school. Then the child does not feel as alone.
Difficult words: lung (one of two body parts which bring air into the body), tube (a long metal or plastic object that helps a liquid or gas move to another place), robot (a special machine that does work for people; sometimes a robot is similar to a person)).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.