Robot goes to school – level 3
7-year-old German student Joshua Martinangeli is too ill to attend classes; however, he can still interact with his teacher and classmates through an avatar robot that sits in class in his place.
Joshua cannot attend classes because he wears a tube in his neck due to a severe lung disease; however, his classmates can talk to him, laugh with him, and sometimes even chit chat or talk informally with him during a lesson. Joshua can get attention from the class by sending a white blinking signal to the robot’s head.
A local council in a Berlin’s district paid for the avatar project, and then robot came from Norway’s company No Isolation. For various reasons, sometimes a child cannot go to class in person, and the avatar gives that child a chance to be part of the school community.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.