Robot saves grain – level 1
Farmers do a lot of hard work. They keep grain in special towers. The towers can be more than 10 meters high. The work is not easy to look after the grain. Farmers must keep the grain dry. It must not get too warm.
If the grain gets wet or warm happens, bugs come. Fungi start to grow. People can’t eat this grain.
Farmers throw it away. It costs them a lot of money. Farmers all over the world throw away around 630 million tons of grain every year.
A special robot can help. It moves through the grain. It checks how warm and wet it is. It sends information to a farmer’s phone. Farmers can look after the grain better.
Difficult words: grain (a small hard seed of corn, rice, or another plant), bug (a small animal with wings that eats plants), fungus (a living thing that is like a plant and that grows on old food or other things).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos