Robotic Animals – level 2
The Horniman Museum in London is hosting an exhibition. It allows children to understand how the natural world works. They can, for example, catch bugs and use bat sonar.
There are robotic models of animals. The robotic platypus has big red lights on its bill. The real platypus has no lights, but it can feel the electricity of other animals.
The robotic housefly shows how it sucks up its food like a vacuum cleaner.
Difficult words: sonar (a special type of sound; bats can ‘see’ in the dark with sonar), platypus (an unusual Australian animal which has a bill like that of a duck), bill (beak; the hard ‘nose’ of birds or other animals).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.