Robots and US economy – level 2
US companies buy more robots than ever. In the second quarter of 2022, they bought 25% more robots than in the same time last year.
During the coronavirus, the need for robots grew a lot. Many workers stayed at home, and companies had to make things without people.
Before the coronavirus, most robots worked in the car industry, but the situation changed in recent years. E-commerce companies are buying many robots because they work fast, and they manipulate packages easily.
One problem with robots is that it takes time to make them. Robots do people’s work, but workers must operate them. People must learn to make robots do the right tasks.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.