Robots and US economy – level 3
According to data, US companies ordered a record-setting 12,305 robot machines in the beginning of 2022. The number is 25% more than the same period a year ago.
The pandemic highlighted some areas where shortages and resources needed automation. Companies had to automate because people weren’t coming back to the workplace, and they needed other options. For a long time, the automotive industry accounted for 60-70% of robot orders, but then other industries followed. E-commerce companies were particularly interested in robots; they can grab and transport packages quickly.
Robots help do the tasks that businesses need; however, robots need time to produce and to set up their operation. A human workforce with specialized training needs to install, maintain, and operate programs. The lack of training is currently the biggest barrier in the further adoption of robotics.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.