Robots help children – level 3
The Robot for Autism Behavioral Intervention program is designed for people with autism between the ages of 3 and 18. It aims to help them be more social and to resolve issues such as conflicts and bullying.
Robots boost children’s social skills through role play in order to reduce the anxiety and to make sure the program is predictable and structured. Some people with autism have low motivation to interact with other human beings, and they are hypersensitive to sensations such as human voices and facial expressions.
More than 1,200 children have used the program since 2015, and the feedback from parents is positive. Parents say that their children are more active and they start to have some degree of a social life. Children improve their speaking skills, and some even start forming sentences, and they ask other people simple questions, for example what their names are.
Difficult words: autism (a neurological disorder which affects a person’s ability to communicate and interact with others), role play (pretending to be someone else, especially as a part of training or learning a new skill), sensation (the ability to feel or sense something).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.