Roger Federer retires from tennis – level 2
Roger Federer is a 41-year-old Swiss tennis star, and many people consider him to be the best player of all time.
Last week, Federer announced that he would quit tennis, and the Laver Cup in London, UK, would be his last tournament. His career in tennis lasted 24 years, and he played more than 1,500 matches.
In 2003, Federer won his first grand slam title at Wimbledon, and the win started a completely different type of tennis. He won eight Wimbledon titles and five US Open titles, and for many years, he was among the top three players in the world.
Two years ago, Federer started to have problems with his knee, which stopped him from playing since last year’s Wimbledon. He said on social media that he loved tennis very much, but he needed to retire.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.