Roller Coaster Stop – level 1
There is an incident at a theme park.
The park is in Japan. A roller coaster stops.
It stops with sixty people in it.
They are in the air and upside down. They are 30 metres above the ground. In two hours, people save them. Everyone is OK.
Difficult words: incident (an accident, something bad which happens), theme park (a park like Disneyland), roller coaster (a ‘train’ which goes fast, up and down and rolls).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos