Roof falls down – level 2
Players and fans at the Vietnam Badminton Open had a narrow escape after the roof of the sports centre collapsed. It fell on one of the courts.
Luckily, the players were not at the courts when the roof fell. Fans alerted them to the danger. Nobody was injured.
People closed the sports center for repairs and now they investigate the incident.
Difficult words: narrow escape (to escape danger narrowly), collapse (to fall), court (area for playing games like badminton and tennis).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos