Rope skipping records – level 2
A Chinese schoolboy set two new world records in rope skipping. At the world’s first rope skipping championships in Dubai, he racked up 108 skips in 30 seconds and 548 skips in three minutes.
The organisers of the event said that it was very hard to count his jumps because the boy was so fast. They later re-watched the boy’s video in slow motion and confirmed him results.
The boy said that it is very important to move the rope very, very fast and to keep the upper body still.
Difficult words: championship (a competition to find the best person in a sport), rack up (to score a large number of points), confirm (to prove that something is true).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Do you like rope skipping?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.