Ross Sea Marine Park – level 2
Representatives of the EU, USA, Russia and China met in Tasmania. They agreed to create the world’s largest marine park. It is in the Antarctic in the Ross Sea.
The Ross Sea Marine Park will cover 12% of the southern ocean. Fishing will be banned completely across the 1.1 million square kilometres.
Scientists and marine activists say that this is a historic moment. It is a big step forward for protecting the ocean.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.