Russia attack Kyiv again – level 3
On November 25, Ukraine’s capital, Kyiv, experienced its largest drone attack from Russia during the ongoing conflict, resulting in five people being wounded.
The six-hour air raid unfolded on the day commemorating the Holodomor famine of 1932-33, a tragic event claiming millions of lives. The attack, marked by air defense sounds and explosions, targeted various Kyiv districts throughout the early hours and persisted with additional waves as the sun rose. Oleksiy Kuleba, Ukraine’s president’s deputy chief of staff, revealed that Russia conducted 911 attacks during the week, resulting in 19 deaths and 84 injuries. Kuleba emphasized the deliberate and destructive nature of the intensifying attacks, drawing a parallel to historical atrocities.
Although Ukraine’s air force initially claimed to shoot down 71 of 75 drones, the revised count was 74, with mobile fire units playing a crucial role in downing nearly 40% of the drones.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What role did the Ukrainian air force have in countering the attack on Kyiv on November 25, 2020?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.