Russia Blocks Facebook and Twitter – level 3
On Friday, the Russian government blocked nationwide access to social media platforms Facebook and Twitter over spreading fake news about the war in Ukraine, according to the government.
The Russian government asked Facebook to remove several fact-checks from recent Russian state media posts. Facebook refused, and as a result, the government began controlling the service and blocking access to Western websites and digital platforms. This made it impossible for important Russians to express their dissatisfaction with the war.
These blocks also stop any direct appeals to the public like the Ukrainian president made to the Russian people, as he wanted to erode their support for Russia’s invasion.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.