Russia nuclear test – level 2
Russia’s new nuclear submarine, the Imperator Alexander III, successfully tested a Bulava intercontinental rocket.
The army fired the rocket from underwater in the White Sea, and it hit a target on the Kamchatka peninsula. The defense ministry said this test is the final step before the submarine joins the Navy.
The Imperator Alexander III is part of the Borei class and carries 16 Bulava missiles with an 8,000-kilometer range.
President Vladimir Putin increased military spending to make Russia’s military forces even stronger. Relations with the United States are very bad but a Kremlin spokesman believes that contact between the two countries’ leaders will start again.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What weapons other than the Bulava missile has the Imperator Alexander III been fitted with?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.