Russia on Kim and Trump – level 1
The relationship between North Korea and the USA is not good. Trump and Kim Jong-un are trading insults. They do this though media. The whole world watches them.
Sergey Lavrov is Russia’s Foreign Minister. He speaks for Russia. He says that the situation is bad. He says that Russia does not want war with North Korea. Towards the end of his speech, he compares Trump and Kim to two boys in kindergarten.
Difficult words: relationship (the way that people or countries get along), insult (something mean that you say about another person), compare (say that somebody is like something).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos