Russia Returns Ships – level 1
Last year, Russia takes three Ukrainian military ships. These ships want to go through the Kerch Strait. The Kerch Strait lies near Crimea. It is an area which belongs to Ukraine. In 2014, Russia takes control of it.
Now, Crimea is a part of Russia. Russia and Ukraine share the Kerch Strait. However, Russia says that Ukrainian ships cannot go through it.
In Ukraine, the situation is very difficult after Russia takes Crimea. The Ukrainian president wants to solve the problem.
There is an important meeting of diplomats in Paris. Russia, Ukraine, France and Germany want to discuss the situation in Ukraine. Russia returns the ships to Ukraine just weeks before the meeting. Nobody knows if the ships function normally. They do not know if all documents are there.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.