Russia sanctions – level 1
Sanctions on Russia are important. They make it more difficult for President Vladimir Putin to have money for his war on Ukraine.
The G7 group recently agrees to make the sanctions stricter. As time goes on, it is getting easier to hurt Russia. The sanctions continue to harm their economy. At the same time, they have only little impact on Europe. But Russia also adapts to the sanctions. That is why they will become stricter. Russia’s exports go down by 28%. This happens because Europe no longer buys Russian oil and gas.
The situation in Europe is getting better. Russia is no longer important economically. Europe doesn’t depend on Russian energy.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What impact do the sanctions have on Russia's economy and how does Russia adapt to them?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.