Russian Apple Watch – level 3
A Russian-owned luxury jewellery brand has launched the ultimate accessory for fans of Vladimir Putin. This $3,000 customised Apple Watch features the name and signature of the Russian President along with engravings of the Moscow skyline and the Russian imperial crown.
“This collection includes three watch models dedicated to Russia’s greatest times. Those are the Russian Empire, the Soviet Union, and the current times. We choose key elements from each of these periods’ key symbols and use them in the watch design. For instance, the design of this model is centred around the panorama of the Moscow skyline and the name of President Putin and the artistically reproduced signature of the president. Because in our world we live in, the President of the Russian Federation is a true symbol of our strong independent country, so his image can be used as the real symbol of our times.”
The company has somewhat of a track record in Putin paraphernalia. Last year, the company sold special edition Russian-themed customised iPhones complete with the image of the president’s face.
Difficult words: ultimate (the best of its kind), feature (to have), paraphernalia (things which are connected to something, especially those which you think are unnecessary).
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos