Russian Firefighters Save Pigs – level 2
In Tomsk, Russia, a fire started at a pig farm that had about 200 pigs. Firefighters arrived to put out the fire and rescue the pigs, which included squealing piglets.
One firefighter said that the whole roof of the farm was on fire and that the fire itself was 700 metres big. The fire was so big that it took seven engines and 26 firefighters to extinguish it.
Difficult words: squeal (make high-pitched sounds), piglet (a baby pig), extinguish (put out, stop).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.