Russia’s New Internet – level 2
Russia tested its version of the global Internet. There are not many details about the test, but Russian officials say that the test was successful and that users did not notice it.
It is not clear what stage Russia reached, but media say that this is a very difficult project and it is not clear why Russia did it. Some people believe that the country wants to control users’ abiilty to see some content.
The Russian President, Vladimir Putin, said that the country’s own Internet can help keep Russia independent and have its resources that nobody can cut off.
Difficult words: stage (how much work was completed), content (the ideas that come when you write or speak), resources (something that people can use when they need it).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos