Sad panda watches TV – level 1
Here is some news from China. It is about a panda. The panda lives at a zoo. She lives with another panda. The two pandas are friends.
One panda leaves the zoo. The other panda stays. Her name is Sijia. Sijia is sad. She is lonely. She misses her friend. The panda is depressed. She doesn’t eat much.
People are worried. They help the panda. They find a new friend. It is not a panda. It is a TV! The panda watches the television. She can watch her old friend on video. Sijia is happier now. She starts to play again.
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Are you a teacher? Download the exercises for your class here. They are for free. You can copy them and use them in your class.
Is Panda watching TV a good idea?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.