Sad panda watches TV – level 3
To most of us this panda named Sijia looks like your standard panda, chilling out and loving life, right?
Wrong. Sijia’s companion was sadly moved away from their zoo in China last week, and since then zookeepers have noticed her becoming depressed and not eating properly. So on Monday, worried staff at the Yunnan Wild Animal Park moved in some new company for the lonely panda: a new television!
Yes, Sijia now has her own flat screen TV to enjoy, after a swing and bars didn’t seem to cheer her up.
After staff played her video footage of her and her former companion, Sijia is now said to be much happier and comes out naturally to play on her swing.
Difficult words: chill out (relax), companion (friend), swing (seat on ropes for playing), cheer up (make happy).
Are you a teacher? Download the exercises for your class here. They are for free. You can copy them and use them in your class.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.