Samsung’s profit – level 3
Samsung Electronics announced that its preliminary third-quarter profit dropped by a smaller-than-expected 78%.
This news has raised optimism as the memory chip market, which has been struggling, shows early signs of recovery. The company’s shares rose by 3.3%, outperforming the wider market’s 1.4% increase, with analysts suggesting that memory chip prices may have hit their lowest point in the third quarter, and some types are starting to bounce back.
Samsung’s estimated operating profit for July-September is 1.79 billion dollars, a significant decline from the previous year. Despite challenges in the chip business, the decline in memory prices appears to be stabilizing, offering hope for the future.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What other types of products is Samsung Electronics investing in to diversify its income streams?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.