Santa Claus arrests – level 2
The police make an arrest in Peru. One of them looked like Santa Claus´s visit to naughty children, but he did not give anyone coal this time, as he arrested people.
A man from undercover anti-drug units was dressed as Santa Claus when the police made a raid into a drug house in Peru. The officer was in a Santa Claus costume with a big belly and a comical mask. The police arrested at least four drug dealers and took 4564 small cocaine packages from three houses.
Peru is connected with Columbia as one of the world’s top cocaine producers. This was one way to deal with the problem.
Difficult words: coal (a black stone used for heating), undercover (secret), raid (a quick attack).
You can watch the video news in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.