Sardine Migration Begins in South Africa – level 1
This happens in South Africa on its east coast. Sardines start their migration. The migration happens from April to July. It happens in different places. The big group of fish is five to seven kilometres long.
Dolphins and other animals see this as a time to eat the sardines. Scientists see this as a time to study the sardines. They learn about the types of sardines in the migration. They find reproducing adults. They also find young fish.
Difficult words: sardine (a small fish that many sea animals eat), migration (when many animals travel at the same time), reproducing (able to make babies).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.